Edda Salander-Jones is an artist and graphic designer. She has been with DAD from the beginning and is responsible for its strong visual branding and graphic design. In 2005, she designed the now legendary visiting cards – in four luminous colours with the embossed DAD logo and has been happily expanding the graphic world of DAD ever since.
She worked for 12 years as a breakfast show and news radio-presenter (for Kiss FM and MDR Sputnik), magazine editor and publishing executive (IQ Style, Ahead, Home, Anyway and Design Hotels), as well as in PR (Nike) and advertising in Berlin until she left in 2005.
After arriving in Dover, she decided to focus her work on photography, installation and graphic design – the latter for clients in Kent including the Jasmin Vardimon Company, the Bay Trust and DAD. DAD is a major part of her work and has also encouraged her explorations further afield: From creating the design for Tage der Utopie (a biennial conference on utopian ideas for a better future) between 2010 and 2016; to designing the first German issue of a supplement magazine for the national tourism agency Visit Britain in 2014; and the launch of an annual event series, the Arnis Art Experience in June 2018 on the Baltic coast in North Germany near the Danish border where she now lives. Now developing issue no. 6, the local newspaper FAZ (Freies Arnis Zeitung) she launched a few years ago continues to be an enjoyable medium to collaborate with others in Arnis. In 2019 she founded a non-profit organisation Kulturwerke e.V. together with friends and installed a “wind telephone” inspired by the one in Otsuchi, Japan.
As well as working on the majority of published material accompanying all DAD projects, Edda has focussed on some larger design projects with DAD – including the major re-design of the DAD website in 2014. In 2017 she presented DAD with a special limited edition newspaper to commemorate its 10th anniversary the previous year and in 2018 designed the stand-alone website for the CHALKUP21 project.
Edda returned to Germany in 2012 but loves coming back to Dover regularly.
In December 2020 she became a DAD Guardian.
- DAD RADIO #16 | sounds across the seas
- DAD Digital Festival
- DAD RADIO #9 | Weathertime
- DAD Guardians: announcing Edda Salander-Jones
- IWD Drawing Together 2021
- DAD Artists at home
- Edda Salander-Jones
- Watercress and Daffodils: The book
- cup sleeves and posters
- Art in the Park: Kearsney Interpreted Graphic Design Workshop
- Interview with DAD Graphic Designer Edda Salander-Jones
- DAD launches CHALKUP21.com and installs the first of the nine trail plaques
- STEAM POSTER AND ZINE
- Big Draw 2017: making Lines move animation workshop at the DBL hub
- 10 artists 10 works for the DAD 10th Anniversary Newspaper
- Let’s get together
- DAD @ SALT
- a tangible reminder, a souvenir, of the collaborative work ‘Weathertime’.
- A brilliant night
- Inspiration=Dover the event
- Weathertime Premiere
- DAD launches Colouring Book
- DAD presents at Tage der Utopie in Breklum, Germany
- DAD hosted discourse: Beacons and Borders – The Sources and Resources of Exchange
- Korinna Returns to Dover
- Celebration Arch is transferred to Dover Discovery Centre
- Celebration Arch to welcome the Torch to Dover
- New Website for Watermark
- Bunting Forever
- London 2012 Open Weekend in Dover
- OSO = Old Sorting Office
- Official launch of Dover’s new Esplanade Design
- Get some great Dover souvenirs
- The Watermark team are back in Dover
- Upcycled souvenirs
- Story Shop
- Get your skates on: ONE DAY ONLY SALE AT RECREATION STORE
- Remade in Dover Xmas display
- Resider/Reside publication
- Good vibes at Recreation opening
- “Recreation” opens on 27 November
- Here & Now: Fake cake bake
- Transmettre-Transmit in Dover District