Nautical Threads: Concrete poetry workshop
Schools and arts award
Inspired by Corbyn Matthews Crow’s boat shaped poem, written specially for the Nautical Threads project, pupils at Green Park Primary School had a go at writing concrete poetry with Dan Simpson on 9 October 2013.
- “Simon (class teacher) was delighted and said … that Dan really inspired the children and they produced some lovely writing. They did some wonderful shape poems of castles and acrostics of Dover.“ (Chris Bryant)
- “Some great poetry written and created by the students!” (Dan Simpson)
- Dan Simpson really inspired the children to write. He got them excited about writing! (class teacher, Simon)
- It was really fun! (Harry)
- I liked the shape poems because they looked really funny. (Reece)
- The pomes were funny. I liked the silly ones! (Summer)
A selection of the lovely work resulting from the workshops is on show in Dover Library.
Photos by Kate Beaugié